Major Residential Development
1. Aviara Land Associates, 2,800-home master-planned community, including a resort hotel, sports complex and 18-hole champion golf course
2. Arroyo La Costa, 962 units on 439 acres.
3. Lomas Del Lago, 550 homes on about 300 acres, including an 18-hole golf course.
4. Eagle Crest, a gated community of 580 homes on 872 acres.
5. The Daley Ranch, 3,300 units on 3,200 acres.
6. Leisure Technology, an adult community of 850 homes.
7. La Paloma, a 2,400-home development.
8. 2,600 homes expected around Questhaven Road in San Marcos.
9. San Marcos has plans for 620 homes and a golf course to be developed at Twin Oaks Valley Road, with ground breaking in the rural area scheduled within 18 months. An additional 500 and 1,000 homes will be built sometime in the 1990s in the South Twin Oaks Valley Road area.
10. Morro Hills Country Club, 800 homes and a golf course.
11. Sabre Springs, 5,290 homes, plus industrial, commercial and open space, on 1,540 acres.
12. Sorrento Hills, 500 homes plus commercial and industrial space on 600 acres.
13. The 4-S Ranch, 800 units plus a 3-million-square-foot industrial-commercial park on 634-acres.
Major Commercial or Industrial Development
14. Carlsbad Promenade, an 800,000-square-foot regional shopping mall with major department stores and a 250-room hotel.
15. North County Square, a planned commercial-retail center anchored by about 12 automobile dealerships, fast food and convenience stores, a hotel theater and business offices on 98 acres.
16. Thirteen office buildings, including one seven-story structure, movie theaters and restaurants.
17. The city of Encinitas is hoping to build a major hotel in northern Leucadia.
18. South Poway Industrial Park, located on more than 2,000 acres in Poway, would by year 2000 become the largest business/industrial complex in the county creating 21,500 new jobs. The $80 million project began in 1988 and is expected to be completed in 1995.
19. Zocola, an 800,000-square-foot retail, office and hotel project, proposed for 60 acres on the northeast corner of Interstate 5 and California 78 in Oceanside.
20. A nine-square-block, Seaport Village-style project offering restaurants, shops and entertainment in Oceanside's downtown redevelopment area.
21. Ocean Point developers have submitted preliminary plans to build a 1-million-square-foot retail project.
22. A $55 million, 400-room Harbor Hotel.
Major Park or Recreation Projects 23. San Dieguito River Valley Regional Park, proposed to stretch 43 miles from the Del Mar coast to Julian in the mountains of East County.
24. Macario Canyon Regional Park, 450 acres on the south side of Agua Hedionda Lagoon in Carlsbad in planned by 1998.
25. An 18-hole municipal golf course near Calavera Lake.
26. San Marcos, under a new parks master plan, seeks to increase its current 95 acres of parkland to 1,300 acres by 2005. The system of hiking and riding trails would link regional, community and neighborhood parks and cost $116 million.
27. Del Mar Fairgrounds, a $104 million project to build a new 15,000-seat grandstand, scheduled for completion in 1993.
Major Cultural or Governmental Projects 28. Escondido is building a two-theater, $55-million Center for the Arts.
29. Poway is nearing completion of a $8.4-million, 800-seat Poway Center for the Performing Arts.
30. Vista is considering $10 million Little Theater plus a 600-to 800-seat Performing Art Theater.
31. The Del Mar City Council considering community center next to City Hall.
32. San Marcos plans new City Hall, including a county branch library and community center.
33. Oceanside completing 117,000-square-foot, three-block Civic Center, including library and fire station.
34. County expanding North County courthouse from 22 courtrooms to 51 courtrooms.
35. California State University, San Marcos, newest campus in statewide system.
Major Transportation Projects 36. California 78 to be widened to six lanes from interstate 5 to Escondido.
37. A proposed rail commuter line planned to run California 78 from Escondido to Oceanside, with eight stops.
38 Oceanside-to-San Diego commuter rail service, scheduled to begin in early 1993.