The vegetables in my gazpacho keep their taste and texture for a surprisingly long time. And when the liquid is gently strained, the vegetables become a most delicious, versatile salsa. In fact, this works extremely well as a make-ahead salsa: just before using, simply strain the soup gently without exerting any pressure on the vegetables. Then use these gazpacho vegetables to garnish more than the obvious tortilla. Here are some ideas:
* As a garnish on baked potatoes.
* As the tomato base of a pizza.
* As a cold or hot sauce (it's unexpectedly good warmed through) on seafood, omelets, grilled chicken breasts and many grilled vegetables, such as onions, mushrooms, zucchini and eggplant.
* Tossed into cooked rice.
* As the tomato in a quick ratatouille.
* Mixed into a vinaigrette or mayonnaise.
* Combined with corn or black beans, diced peppers, sliced green onions and minced herbs for a corn relish or bean salad.