* Poly defensive back Richard Washington, who blocked a field goal with 44 seconds left to preserve a 7-6 victory over Banning. He also returned an interception 64 yards.
* Artesia sophomore quarterback Aaron Flowers, who completed 22 of 42 passes for 294 yards and two touchdowns in a 30-26 victory over Gahr.
* Paramount tailback Leon Neal, who had runs of 87 and 85 yards as the Pirates beat Leuzinger, 27-13.
* Ronny Martin of Downey High, who scored three TDs and ran for 151 yards as the Vikings improved to 2-0 with a 26-21 victory over Schurr.
* Cantwell, which shut out La Verne Lutheran, 46-0, last week, and has scored 80 points in two games.
* Poly's offense, which gained only 85 yards in the 7-6 victory over Banning High of Wilmington.
* Centennial, which fell to Rolling Hills, 41-0, and has been outscored, 83-0, in two games.
* Cerritos, which had five turnovers and 12 penalties in a 38-0 loss to St. John Bosco. The Dons gained only 150 yards while giving up 349.