Advertisement

Orange County Focus

ANAHEIM : Woman Treated for Smoke Inhalation

November 12, 1990|DAVE REYES

A 73-year-old retired woman was overcome by smoke Sunday night when an electrical short caused a fire inside her apartment in a retirement complex.

Corrine Barker, who lives at the Heritage Village complex in the 700 block of West Santa Ana Street, was taken to Anaheim Memorial Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation, Anaheim Battalion Chief Rudy Weyland said.

Damage was limited to Barker's apartment and was estimated at $20,000, including $15,000 to the structure and $5,000 to the contents of the apartment, he said.

The fire broke out at 8:20 p.m. when a light cord behind a couch in the apartment shorted, Weyland said.

About 39 fire fighters responded and took 12 minutes to control the blaze.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|