Whether your roommate is a stranger or a friend, you're more likely to have a lasting living arrangement if you get to know each other better before you start sharing a home. Chris DeMassa, owner of the Roommate Connection in Costa Mesa, suggests you ask the following questions of a prospective roommate:
* Do you have children? Pets?
* Do you smoke?
* Do you have a stable income?
* Are you a neat freak? A slob?
* What is your work schedule?
* What are your interests or hobbies?
* How much time do you spend at home?
* How often do you invite friends over?
* How often do you have overnight guests?