PHOENIX — A man who successfully appealed his conviction in the 1976 car-bomb slaying of a newspaper reporter will be tried again on a murder charge, the Arizona attorney general said Wednesday.
Contractor and speculator Max Dunlap was charged a second time in the slaying of Don Bolles, a reporter for the Arizona Republic, said Atty. Gen. Bob Corbin.
Another man, plumber James Robison, who also won an appeal of his murder conviction in the case, was charged anew in November, 1989. Both men had been sentenced to death.
Bolles died June 13, 1976, 11 days after a remote-controlled bomb ripped through his car as he backed out of a hotel parking lot.