Naturalist Suzanne Campbell's Whale Watching Tips:
* Reservations are recommended for most cruises, so call at least a day ahead.
* Dress warmly, preferably in layers, and wear rubber-soled shoes.
* If you think you'll need it, take motion-sickness medication an hour before. Check the label to be sure it doesn't cause drowsiness.
* Bring binoculars, sunscreen, sunglasses and snacks, because some boats don't have galleys.
* Be patient and keep your eyes open. You might also see sharks, sea lions, dolphins, sea birds and other species of whales.