Here are some of the organizations active in mobile home issues:
* The Golden State Mobilhome Owners League, Inc., is a tenants group representing approximately 80,000 mobile home owners throughout California. Residents of rental parks can call 1-800-888-1727 for information about tenants' rights.
* State Sen. William Craven (R-Oceanside) serves as chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Mobilehomes. The group is responsible for state legislation regulating rental parks.
* A countywide Mobilehome Task Force was formed in 1988 on recommendation of county supervisors Susan Golding and John MacDonald. The committee submitted a report to supervisors in March, 1990, that outlines a 19-step plan for improving mobile home living.
* The Escondido Mobilehome Political Action Committee, under the leadership of Gerry Lenhard, was successful in passing a 1988 rent-control initiative in Escondido.
* The San Marcos Mobile Home Rental Review Board hears resident complaints on escalating rents.