NEWPORT BEACH — The Newport Harbor Art Museum has announced its spring class offerings for children and adults. To register for any of the following classes, call the museum's education department at (714) 759-1122 (except where noted).
* "Fun with Photography," for children ages 6 to 10, will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 7, 9, 14 and 16, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. The class includes experimentation with Polaroid film and the creation of photomontages. Gallery talks on the exhibition "Typologies: Nine Contemporary Photographers" will be included. The emphasis will be on sharpening the ability to see what's in a work of art and incorporating these qualities into the children's photo activities. Tuition is $40, $30 for museum members.
* "Mommy and Me," for children ages 2 1/2 to 5 and their parents, includes various hands-on projects. The class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 7, 9, 14 and 26, from 1 to 2 p.m. The fee is $30, $25 for museum members.
* "Art After School," for children ages 6 to 12, includes activities correlated with "Typologies: Nine Contemporary Photographers." All supplies are included in the $40 fee. To register, contact the Beaches and Recreation Department of the city of Newport Beach at (714) 644-3151.
* "Insights into Art IV," a series of slide-lectures and discussions about Matisse and the German Expressionists, meets on Wednesdays, April 10, 17 and 24 and May 1, 8 and 15, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. The fee of $60 ($50 for seniors and museum members) includes bus transportation to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on April 24.
* "Adult Photography," a basic class of fundamentals and the history of photography taught by Cal State Fullerton photography and design instructor Jerry McGrath, is intended for photography enthusiasts at all levels. Each student must bring a 35mm camera (no automatics) to the class, which meets Saturdays, May 4, 11 and 18, from 10 a.m. to. 1 p.m. The fee is $50, $40 for students, seniors and museum members.
* Sculptor Roland Reiss will lecture Thursday, April 11, at 7 p.m. and will lead a master artist workshop on Saturday and Sunday, April 13 and 14, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Irvine Fine Arts Center. Reiss, whose work is known internationally, is chairman of the art department at Claremont Graduate School, where he teaches sculpture. Lecture admission is $5. The workshop fee is $85. Participants must be at least 18 years old. Information: (714) 552-1018.