Here are some of the festivities planned in North County to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this weekend:
* Oceanside Community Action Corporation will host its 12th annual fiesta from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday at the band shell near the pier. About 80 booths will feature food, games, arts and crafts and demonstrations.
The festival will also include the reenactment of "The Battle of Puebla" by the Migrant Education Drama Club. Music by Gloria de la Cruz and Los Tenientes de Tijuana will be featured throughout the day. Admission for all activities is free.
* Vista's second annual Cinco de Mayo celebration begins with a Mexican breakfast, from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, at Rancho Buena Vista Adobe, 640 Alta Vista Drive. Tickets at the door are $5 for adults, $3.50 for children.
Artist demonstrations will be featured at the adobe from 10 a.m.-2 p.m; an art exhibit and reception from 12:30-3 p.m.
The Vida Sana Cinco de Mayo Walk for Health starts at 9 a.m. and follows a 1 1/8-mile course beginning at the main entrance to Brengle Terrace Park, 1200 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista. To register, call 724-9440.
A celebration featuring mariachi music, ballet folklorico dancers, singers, food and information booths will be held from 3-6 p.m. in Moonlight Amphitheatre at Brengle Terrace Park. Admission is free.
"A Taste of Vista," featuring culinary treats of several local restaurants, will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on the patio of Moonlight Amphitheatre. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at the city's community services office, Brengle Terrace Park, Casa Linda and Siciliano's.
* Palomar College is sponsoring a Cinco de Mayo fiesta from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday near the clock tower on campus, 1140 W. Mission Road, San Marcos. Ballet folklorico and Aztec dancers will perform. There will be troubadours, clowns, games, food, information booths and speakers. Admission is free.
* Solana Beach is dedicating the still unfinished community center at 1 p.m. Sunday in La Colonia Park. Cake and punch will be served; free concert from 2-4 p.m.
* Escondido is hosting a fiesta from 1-6 p.m. Sunday at Kit Carson Park. Admission is free.
* Flamenco guitarist George Zwaboda will perform from 3-7 p.m. Sunday in the lobby of the Inn L'Auberge Del Mar, 1540 Camino Del Mar.