The city Department of Public Works, Bureau of Sanitation, will sponsor three Household Hazardous Waste Roundups on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents can drop off, free of charge, unwanted paint, motor oil, pesticides, cleaners, and other common household chemicals.
MAY 11 Hollywood Los Angeles City College parking lot 855 N. Vermont Ave. (Corner Vermont Ave. and Marathon St.)
JUNE 8 Granada Hills Coast Savings & Loan parking lot 18000 Chatsworth St.
JULY 13 Wilmington Union Oil of Calif. (UNOCAL) parking lot 1660 West Anaheim St.
* Do not bring empty containers or dried-up paint.
* Do not mix products.
* Waste generated by small businesses and industry will not be accepted.
* Transport waste to roundup in a cardboard box.
* Keep all materials away from passengers during transportation.
* Keep products in original containers.
* Radioactive materials, compressed gas cylinders, infectious waste, explosives or ammunition cannot be accepted.
* Make sure containers are leakproof; if they are not, place them in larger leakproof containers.
* No walk-ins; roundups are drive-through only.
* Only Los Angeles residents may participate.
NOTE: Heavy rain will postpone event one week.