For dedicated gardeners, here are suggestions from the California Assn. of Nurserymen on what to do in the garden this week:
* Feed roses monthly with rose fertilizer.
* Stake all vining and tall growing vegetables when you plant the seedlings. This way you will avoid disturbing the root system as the plants mature.
* It's time to plant summer blooming annuals. Try hot weather lovers: celosia, petunias, marigolds, dahlias, nicotiana, salvias and zinnias, to mention a few.
* Vegetables can be grown in containers as well as in the ground. Container gardening saves water too.
* Add a polymer-based material to your container plants and save water. Polymer materials can cut your watering in half. Ask one of the local nurseries about it.