Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

GARDENING Q & A

Oleander Dangerous Only When Eaten

June 30, 1991|Mary Ellen Guffey

Q: My neighbor says that my oleander plants are poisonous and should be removed. Are they dangerous?

A: Only if you plan to eat them. All parts of the oleander are poisonous if ingested. Children should be cautioned not to eat the leaves or flowers, and the branches should not be used for roasting food. However, a vast number of oleander bushes are being grown in the Southland, and it would seem unnecessary to remove yours.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|