Advertisement

BRIEFLY

Other News

January 23, 1992|From Times Staff and Wire Reports

Nestle Ends Effort to Acquire Eskimo Pie Corp.: Nestle U.S.A. terminated talks to acquire the Eskimo Pie Corp. unit of Reynolds Metals Co. after the companies could not agree on terms. As a result, Reynolds said it plans a public offering of its 84% stake in Eskimo Pie, a maker of ice cream products. Both Reynolds and Eskimo Pie are based in Richmond, Va. The remaining 16% of Eskimo Pie is owned by a Reynolds charitable trust and public investors. Nestle U.S.A., based in Glendale, controls the American operations of Nestle S.A., the Swiss-based food products conglomerate.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|