* Run by six full-time staff members, about 60 part-timers and 600 volunteers.
* Operated through the University of California Cooperative Extension program.
* Funded by the University of California, Los Angeles County, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, federal, state and local grants and corporate contributions.
* Serves about 5,500 children countywide--the majority from urban areas. (Nationwide, 32% of 4-H-ers come from medium to large cities.)
* Accommodates 500-600 children between the ages of 6 and 19 in after-school programs in housing projects.