Here is Fortune magazine's 1992 ranking of the world's top 10 billionaires, with name, home, source of wealth and estimated fortune:
1. Sultan of Brunei; oil and gas, real estate, investments; $37 billion.
2. Walton family; Arkansas; Wal-Mart stores; $24 billion.
3. Taikichiro Mori and family; Japan; real estate; $14 billion.
4. Forrest Mars Sr., Nevada; Forrest Mars Jr., Virginia; John Mars, Virginia; Jacqueline Mars Vogel, New Jersey; Mars Inc.; $13 billion.
5. Samuel I. Newhouse Jr., Donald E. Newhouse and family; New York; publishing and broadcasting; $13 billion.
6. Queen Elizabeth II; England; real estate, stock investments, race horses, jewelry and art; $11.7 billion.
7. King Fahd; Saudi Arabia; oil and gas; $10 billion.
8. Anne Cox Chambers, Georgia; Barbara Cox Anthony, Hawaii; media and publishing; $8.2 billion.
9. John Werner Kluge; Virginia; communications and real estate; $8.1 billion.
10. Gad Rausing, Hans Rausing; England; liquid-food packaging; $7.2 billion.