Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsDog

No Chocolate, Rover

August 20, 1992

I enjoyed reading about the fudge-y brownies ("America's Best," July 30) in The Times but was worried that readers might not be aware that chocolate is poisonous to dogs. According to the Merck Veterinary Manual, even as small an amount as 0.04 ounce per kilogram of body weight can produce signs of chocolate poisoning in a dog, and 10 times that amount (0.4 ounce per kilogram) can actually kill a dog. I'm glad your dog didn't experience any problems eating the brownies, but maybe The Times should consider putting a little note in some future edition about chocolate not being safe for dogs.

KAREN STEINBERG

Los Angeles

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|