Robinsons-May will invest $260 million from 1992 through 1995 to remodel certain stores and to open 12 new stores, including two that have already opened this year at Valencia Town Center in Santa Clarita and at Moreno Valley Mall in Moreno Valley. Other new stores will be located at:
* Farmer's Market, Los Angeles (replacing Wilshire store)
* Glendale Galleria, Glendale (now under construction)
* The Plaza, West Covina (replacing Eastland Center store)
* Murietta Springs Mall, Riverside County
* Sunset Galleria, Henderson, Nev.
* Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale, Ariz.
* Four other locations to be announced
After Nov. 1, holders of Robinson's and May Co. credit cards may use their cards at either store. Beginning February, 1993, new Robinson May credit cards will be issued.
May Co. California stores closing
* Wilshire store, 6067 Wilshire Blvd., LA 90036
* Eastland Center, West Covina, 91790
* Buena Park Mall, Buena Park, 90620
* Main Place, Santa Ana, 92701 (existing Robinson's store will remain open - 23 on list)
* Inland Center, San Bernardino, 92408
Robinson's stores closing
* LA Downtown store, West 7th St., 90017 (freestanding)
* Pasadena store, East Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, 91101 (freestanding)
* Glendale Fashion Ctr., Glendale, 91206
* The Promenade, Woodland Hills, 91364
* Sherman Oaks Galleria, Sherman Oaks, 91403
* Westminster Mall, Westminster, 92683 (existing May Co. store remains open - 24)
* Brea Mall, Brea, 92621 (existing May Co. store remains open, No. 22)