Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Community News: Mid-City

MID-CITY : Market Destroyed in Riots to Be Rebuilt

March 28, 1993|ELSTON CARR

Food 4 Less Supermarkets Inc. has reached an agreement with the former owners of a riot-damaged shopping center on Venice Boulevard to redevelop the site. A Boys Market owned by the La Habra-based company was destroyed in the center during last year's riots.

The redevelopment, at 4707 W. Venice Blvd., will include a 53,000-square-foot full-service Food 4 Less supermarket offering a deli and bakery. A bank, video store, drug store, restaurants and other shops are expected to be occupy the complex's remaining 129,000 square feet. The development will bring more than 400 jobs to the area, company officials said.

Linda McLoughlin Figel, a company representative, said the $14-million project will be completed by the end of the year.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|