* Craig S. Simon has been appointed new managing partner for the law firm of Berger, Kahn, Shafton, Moss, Figler, Simon & Gladstone. He will maintain his office in Irvine and has responsibility for all four of the firm's California offices. Simon succeeds Paul S. Berger, who managed the firm for the past 19 years. Berger is no longer a partner but is still affiliated with the firm.
* Michael Powell has been appointed national sales manager at Subscriber Computing Inc. in Laguna Hills. Before joining the cellular software system and service company, he was regional sales manager for Systematics Telecommunications Services in Little Rock, Ark. Powell also founded Procell Communications in Las Vegas.
* Mark Cessna has joined CIE America Inc., a computer printer company in Irvine, as director of sales. He was previously western regional manager for Output Technology Corp.
* Sylvia Chansler has joined the advertising and public relations agency of Roberts, Mealer & Co. in Santa Ana as public relations account coordinator. She was formerly sales and marketing coordinator for Perri Pharris Productions. Before that, Chansler was assistant to the vice president of television production at the Walt Disney Co. and production coordinator for Jim Ryerson Productions.
* Larry E. Noggle has been appointed president of SPM/Anaheim, a division of BACE Plastics Group Inc. He was formerly chief operating officer. In addition, Mike Chastain has been appointed director of molding for BACE. He also retains his title as manufacturing manager of SPM/Anaheim. BACE Plastics Group operates four custom injection molding divisions in three states.
* Bob L. Corey has joined MTI, an Anaheim computer storage systems company, as vice president and chief financial officer. He was formerly senior vice president and chief financial officer for Emulex Corp. Corey has also held senior financial positions with Ashton Tate and Western Digital.