RAE FRANKLIN JAMES
Housing and planning
* Born: Aug. 21, 1942
* Residence: View Park
* Education: University of California Berkeley, bachelor of arts; graduate studies in public finance at Cal State Hayward.
* Career highlights: Legislative analyst for city of Los Angeles since 1989; has worked for the city for 10 years in various jobs.
* Family: Not available.
MICHAEL F. KEELEY
City services * Born: July 5, 1953
* Residence: Los Angeles
For the Record
Los Angeles Times Thursday July 15, 1993 Home Edition Metro Part B Page 2 Column 5 Metro Desk 2 inches; 46 words Type of Material: Correction
Deputy mayors--The Times incorrectly reported the birth date for Rae James, Los Angeles' new deputy mayor for housing and planning, in a chart in Tuesday's editions. The correct date is July 18, 1949. The same chart also incorrectly listed the marital status of another deputy mayor, William C. Violante. Violante is married.
* Education: University of Notre Dame, bachelor of arts; juris doctorate from University of Michigan Law School.
* Career highlights: Partner with Riordan & McKinzie, specializing in real estate law; former Peace Corps volunteer; politically active in the gay community.
* Family: Single
Executive, legislative affairs * Born: May 30, 1949
* Residence: San Francisco; moving to Los Angeles
* Education: Galileo High School, San Francisco.
* Career highlights: Executive director of Riordan's campaign and led President Clinton's Northern California campaign operation last year; active in the Asian-American community.
* Family: Married
ALFRED ROBLES VILLALOBOS
Economic development * Born: Nov. 27, 1943
* Residence: Tarzana
* Education: Whittier College, bachelor of arts; graduate work in business and management, Pepperdine University and Loyola University School of Law.
* Career highlights: President of ARVCO, a business and management consulting firm, since 1973; 25 years of experience in public and private economic development.
* Family: Divorced, three adult children.
WILLIAM C. VIOLANTE
* Born: Sept. 3, 1947
* Residence: Canyon Country
* Education: University of Redlands, bachelor of arts in public service management.
* Career highlights: President of Los Angeles Police Protective League since 1991; joined the LAPD in 1970 after four years in the Army.
* Family: Divorced