* SAN BERNARDINO The Bug, really a 34-year-old big-rig truck driver. Says his only professional training was "27 episodes of American Bandstand." Very energetic. Second-best in the league, behind Rancho Cucamonga's Tremor.
* HIGH DESERT Wooly Bully. Decent costume. Good with kids. Not a professional talent.
* BAKERSFIELD Roger the Dodger and Dodger Dog. A feud appears to be brewing. The characters seem to prefer to steer clear of each other. Though his recently redesigned face is said to resemble Manager Rick Dempsey, Roger has been around several years. He walks around and shakes hands. The dog, a new addition, is a ham searching for a gimmick.
* RANCHO CUCAMONGA Tremor. The club spent $10,000 to design and purchase a costume for its "Rallysaurus" and put a performer with professional experience in it. It was worth the investment. Even the opponents love him.
* RIVERSIDE Elvis look-a-like. The front office refers to him as "K mart Elvis." How about Swap Meet Elvis? Look Like Elvis? Aren't there false advertising laws? Tremor, the dinosaur-like mascot of the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, could do a better Hokey Pokey while balancing upside down on his tail.