Advertisement

BRIEFLY

Telecommunications

August 17, 1993|From Times Staff and Wire Reports

Cellular Phone Health Suit Dismissed: U.S. Circuit Court Judge Edwin Berman in Chicago said a health hazards suit against cellular telephone manufacturers was outside his jurisdiction. Berman said the Federal Communications Commission and the Food and Drug Administration have primary jurisdiction over the issues. The controversy broke earlier this year after a Florida man alleged his wife died of brain cancer because she used hand-held cellular phones. Medical experts have said there is no definitive evidence of cancer risk from the phones.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|