Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

BRIEFLY

Other News

September 09, 1993|From Times Staff and Wire Reports

Carl's Jr. President Slams Karcher's Plan: Carl N. Karcher's controversial business plan for the Carl's Jr. fast-food chain is driven largely by the 76-year-old businessman's increasingly troubled personal finances and wouldn't benefit shareholders, Carl Karcher Enterprises President Donald E. Doyle said. Karcher, the firm's founder and chairman, last week threatened to stage a proxy fight to regain control of the company he created 52 years ago. The feud erupted after the company's board rejected Karcher's proposal that Carl's Jr. restaurants sell Mexican-style food produced by Anaheim-based GB Foods.

Herbert Haft Sues Family: The business magnate sued his estranged wife and two of their children, alleging they have created costly disruptions in family business operations. The lawsuit said Gloria Haft, son Robert and daughter Linda are refusing to sign loan documents to refinance some of the family's 40 shopping centers. Herbert Haft suggests this could trigger as much as $91 million in prepayment penalties and other costs. He was joined in the suit by son Ronald.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|