Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Community Digest

La Canada Flintridge : Historic Home Dedication

September 23, 1993

Twelve years after the Lanterman House was donated to the city of La Canada Flintridge, the restored Craftsman home, built by one of the Southland's pioneer families, will be dedicated as a historical museum on Sept. 26.

The historic home once belonged to the late state Assemblyman Frank Lanterman. His brother, Lloyd, the last surviving member of the family, donated the mansion to the city in 1981 to be used for public purposes.

Gov. Pete Wilson will serve as honorary chairman of the dedication committee with Assembly Speaker Willie Brown (D-San Francisco), Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alatorre and Rep. Carlos J. Moorhead (R-Glendale). Former Assemblyman John Knox and former Lt. Gov. Robert Finch will serve as honorary co-chairmen.

Because legal restrictions permit only 250 visitors per hour, admittance will be by ticket only to the three dedication sessions set for 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. The free tickets can be obtained at City Hall or by calling (818) 790-8880.

Parking is not allowed near the house at 4420 Encinas Drive, but parking has been arranged at nearby Descanso Gardens, 1418 Descanso Drive, where a shuttle will carry guests to the Lanterman House and back. Parking will also be available nearby at Lanterman Auditorium and at the Church of the Lighted Window.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|