Tips for preventing credit card fraud:
* Notify the bank or credit card company immediately if a card disappears.
* Do not leave cards in open view because card numbers can be copied.
* Retain carbon copies of receipts from purchases and cash withdrawals.
* Check billing statements carefully to make sure charges are accurate.
* Destroy all old cards or cards you no longer use.
* Do not give card numbers to anyone calling to offer prizes or gifts.
* Contact police or the U.S. Secret Service if you think you have been a victim of credit card fraud.
* Call the U.S. Postal Inspection Service if you suspect mail fraud.