* Glenda Hoffman has joined Schraff Group, a Fountain Valley advertising and public relations firm, as art director. She was formerly involved in graphic promotions for Ingram Micro Inc., a Santa Ana computer products distributor. In addition, Jeff Perry was appointed senior copywriter. He also worked at Ingram Micro and was marketing communications manager at FVC Systems & Software Inc. in Irvine.
* Hollon H. Bridges Jr. has been appointed vice president of sales and marketing for Simulation Sciences Inc., a Brea process simulation software supplier. Before joining the company, he was vice president for worldwide sales and support at Biosym, a molecular modeling software company.
* David William Stein has joined Imperial Trust Co. as manager of its new regional trust office in Orange County. Before joining the company, he was vice president of sales and marketing for Northern Trust Bank of California and vice president and manager of employee benefit trusts for Trust Services of America.
* Judy Hay has opened Career Connection, a career development service in Newport Beach. She has been a counselor for more than seven years at the UCI Extension Women's Opportunity Center.
* Rene H. Caron has been appointed a senior vice president of South Coast Communications Group, an Irvine investor relations, marketing, communications and public relations company. He rejoins the company after serving as vice president/vertical marketing operations at Alpha Microsystems in Santa Ana and president of Alpha Healthcare Inc., a subsidiary.
* Greg Miner has joined Odetics Inc., an information automation company in Anaheim, as chief financial officer. He succeeds Tom Juengel, who retired last April. Miner comes to Odetics from Laser Precision Corp. in San Juan Capistrano, where he had served as vice president and chief financial officer since 1984. Before joining Laser Precision, Miner was with the accounting firm Deloitte & Touche in Orange County as manager and senior accountant.
* Jackie Conkling has been appointed vice president, account management for Anderson Communications Co. Inc., a Newport Beach advertising and public relations agency. She has been with the firm for more than seven years, most recently as management supervisor.
* Perry Cohen has been appointed president and chief operating officer of SysteMed Inc.'s Insurx Inc. subsidiary in Cleveland. Cohen was formerly chief operating officer of Aetna Pharmacy Management. SysteMed, based in Laguna Hills, is a manager of prescription drug benefit systems.
* Darius Anderson has been appointed interim executive director of the Food 4 Less Foundation, which supports nonprofit organizations that assist children at risk and disadvantaged individuals. He succeeds Fred Snowden, who had held the position since early 1992 until his death last week. Anderson is vice president, governmental relations for Food 4 Less Supermarkets in La Habra. He had been western states finance director for the Democratic National Committee before joining Food 4 Less in 1993.