Driving classes for senior citizens will begin Monday with sessions at the Laguna Niguel and San Clemente senior centers.
Sponsored by the American Assn. of Retired Persons, the two-day workshops are aimed at helping people adjust to driving as their reflexes slow with age. Upon completing the classes, attendees receive a certificate that entitles them to auto insurance discounts.
Eight hours of attendance is required, and participants must be at least 50 years old. Preregistration is mandatory and must be done by contacting the facility that is host of the driving class. The fee is $8.
Driving classes this month include:
* Monday and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Laguna Niguel Senior Center, 27261 La Paz Road, (714) 362-2807.
* Monday and Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the San Clemente Senior Center, 242 Avenida del Mar, (714) 498-3322.
* Thursday and Friday from 1 to 5 p.m. at Glendale Federal Bank, 24221 Calle de La Louisa, Laguna Hills, (714) 768-7771.
* March 23 and 30 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Capistrano Park and Recreation District, 34052 Del Obispo Road, Dana Point, (714) 496-4251.
* March 24 and 25 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Laguna Hills Senior Center, 24310-C Moulton Parkway, (714) 380-0155.
* March 25 and 26 from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Freedom Village Retirement Community, 23442 El Toro Road, Lake Forest, (714) 472-4700.