Gerald Bass and Roberta L. Facchina have joined National Bank of Southern California as vice presidents and commercial loan officers. Bass, who was previously manager of the Anaheim main office for First Interstate Bank, will be in National Bank's Orange regional office. Facchina, formerly with Bank of Newport, will be in the Newport Beach regional office. In addition, Cheri George has been appointed vice president and real estate loan officer in the Newport Beach office. She has more than 21 years' experience in real estate financing in Southern California.
* Thomas M. DeMars has been appointed a principal in the firm of Fieldman, Rolapp & Associates, an Irvine financial consultant to local governments. He joined the firm in 1988 as a vice president.
* Michael A. Piraino has joined Davstar Industries Ltd., a Costa Mesa manufacturer of disposable medical products, as executive vice president of finance and operations. He was previously chief financial officer and senior vice president of Syncor International Corp. Before that, Piraino was senior vice president and chief financial officer of Total Pharmaceutical Care Inc.
* Duane French has been appointed director for technical education at Ingram Micro Inc., a Santa Ana wholesale distributor of microcomputer products. He was previously senior manager for technical education. Before joining Ingram Micro in 1993, French was a network sales engineer for OnLine Connecting Point. He has also been an account manager for Quantum Information Resources and a system engineer for EDS.
* Thomas J. McDermott has been appointed vice president of Holmes & Narver Inc., an Orange engineering, architectural, construction and operations and maintenance organization. He was formerly manager of the job order contract division and manager of operations and associate vice president with the design-build/construction management division.
* Robert S. Horwitz has joined the law offices of A. Lavar Taylor, a Santa Ana firm specializing in civil and criminal tax work, and will oversee all criminal tax matters. He was previously with a Los Angeles law firm and, before that, with the tax division of the U.S. Attorney's office in Los Angeles and the tax division of the U.S. Department of Justice.