W. Richard Ulmer has joined InVitro International, an Irvine developer of product safety tests, as president and chief executive. Ulmer was previously president of Wilshire Transdermal Products Limited, a subsidiary of Wilshire Technologies. He succeeds William J. Fisher, who resigned from the posts in August. Before that, Ulmer spent 25 years at Allergan Inc. Among his positions were president of Allergan Pharmaceuticals, president of Allergan Medical Optics and president of Herbert Laboratories (Allergan Herbert), a skin-care division.
* Thomas E. Pistilli has been appointed president, chief executive and chief financial officer of Micro General Corp., a Santa Ana manufacturer of shipping and mailing equipment. He succeeds George D. O'Leary, who is resigning to pursue other interests, the company said. Pistilli is the former president and chief executive of International Mailing Systems Inc. in Shelton, Conn., and was a business consultant to Micro General during the past two years.
* Bruce M. Fried has been appointed vice president for federal affairs at FHP International Corp., a Fountain Valley health-care service company. Fried was previously executive vice president of Wexler Group, a federal and state government relations firm in Washington. During 1992, he was chief coordinator of the Clinton-Gore Campaign Health Care Advisory Group and was a member of the Presidential Transition Health Care Policy Team. He succeeds Janet Newport, who is relocating to the Fountain Valley headquarters as vice president for government programs. She will oversee federal regulatory policy and government contracting compliance.
* Doug Semer has been promoted to automotive technical service director for American Suzuki Motor Corp. in Brea. He had been national service manager since 1992. In his new position, Semer will oversee all service branches for the automotive division and will be responsible for 17 district service managers.
* Marci Sawyer has joined Deloitte & Touche in Costa Mesa as manager of multi-state tax consulting. She was previously director of tax services for Foodmaker Inc., owner of the Jack in the Box and Chi-Chi's restaurant chains. Before that, Sawyer was corporate tax manager for First Capital Life Insurance Co.
* Jennifer L. Branin has been appointed vice president for Fieldman, Rolapp & Associates, an Irvine financial adviser to local governments. She had been with the company from 1986 to early 1991 before joining an East Coast securities firm as a financial consultant.
* Bill Fallon has been appointed director of leasing for Irvine Retail Properties Co., a division of Irvine Co. He will oversee leasing activities at the company's 18 community and neighborhood shopping centers in Irvine and Newport Beach. Before joining Irvine Co., Fallon was leasing manager at Hollis & Associates and before that was sales manager for six years with Parker Commercial Brokerage Co. in Costa Mesa.
* Michael Spiekerman has been named vice president of marketing and operations for Mitsubishi Electronics America Inc.'s Consumer Electronics Group in Cypress. Spiekerman joined the company earlier this year as assistant to the president. Before that, he practiced law in Orange County, and he was with TRW Inc. for 18 years.