Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Lamp on Film Set Starts $220,000 Fire

November 21, 1994

A high-powered lamp that fell over during the filming of a movie in a house near Hancock Park on Sunday touched off a fire that caused about $220,000 in damage, the Los Angeles City Fire Department said.

Actors and crew were filming downstairs when the blaze broke out in a back room on the second floor of the house on the 1200 block of South Windsor Boulevard, fire spokesman Brian Humphrey said.

Four film crew members who complained of smoke inhalation were examined at the scene and required no further treatment. Structural damage was estimated at $20,000. The rest of the toll included furnishings and filming equipment.

Humphrey did not know the name of the production.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|