Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles will present a Christmas Eve performance of Handel's "Messiah," Part I, and the "Hallelujah Chorus" at 10:30 tonight. The program will open with several traditional Christmas carols. Minister of music Edward Murray will conduct the Los Angeles Baroque Orchestra, the Immanuel Cathedral Choir and soprano Lynda Sue Marks-Guarnieri, mezzo-soprano Sylvia Cooper O'Daniel, tenor William Smith and bass-baritone Norman Goss. The program has been a tradition for more than 20 years at the church, whose large sanctuary features Gothic architecture and a 4,000-pipe Skinner organ. Requested donation is $7. 3300 Wilshire Boulevard. (213) 389-3191.
* Mt. Olive Lutheran Church in Santa Monica will present a dramatic production, "Reflections of Anna," during the 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Christmas Eve candlelight services today. The Rev. Thomas Cooper will speak at festival worship at 10:30 a.m. Christmas Day. 1343 Ocean Park Boulevard. (310) 452-1166.
* Culver-Palms United Methodist Church will hold two Christmas Eve services. At 7 p.m., a family-oriented service will feature music and celebration. At 11 p.m. worship, candle-lighting and Communion will be included. Nursery care will be available for infants during the 7 p.m. service. 4464 Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City (213) 390-7717.
* St. Maria Goretti Parish in Long Beach will hold the Eucharistic Sacrifices (Holy Masses) of Christmas at 5 and 7:30 p.m. today. There also will be a Christmas Midnight High Mass. On Christmas Day, Mass will be celebrated at 7:30, 9 and 10:30 a.m. 3954 Palo Verde Avenue. (310) 425-7459.
* The sanctuary and children's choirs, organ and brass quintet of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Newport Beach will perform during Christmas Eve candlelight services this evening at 5, 7, 9 and 11. Christmas Day services will be held at 10:15 a.m. 600 St. Andrews Road. (714) 631-2880.
* Grace Lutheran Church in Culver City will hold a family service at 7:30 p.m. today, featuring bells and music sung by children. The church's chancel and bell choirs will present a Christmas Eve concert at 10:30 p.m., with Communion services beginning at 11 p.m. Christmas Day carol Communion will begin at 10 a.m. Sunday with guest pastor Interim Bishop Vance R. Knutson. 4427 Overland Boulevard. (310) 559-1027.
* Christmas Eve activities at St. James Parish in Newport Beach include a 4 p.m. children's service and pageant, Christmas Eve concerts featuring the Jubilate Bells, the St. James Quintet and the Senior Choir at 7:30 and 11 p.m., Holy Eucharist Rite II (contemporary) at 7:30 p.m., and Holy Eucharist Rite II with candles, incense and orchestra at 11 p.m. On Christmas Day, Holy Eucharist will be held at 10 a.m. 3209 Via Lido. (714) 675-0210.
* Palisades Lutheran Church will hold its Christmas Eve candlelight and carol services at 4:30, 7 and 9 p.m. On Sunday a Christmas service with Holy Communion will be held at 10 a.m. 15905 Sunset Blvd., Pacific Palisades. (310) 459-2358.
* St. John's Lutheran Church in Orange has a full slate today: At 4 p.m. a little children's Christmas service, featuring the Church Mouse Choir and Lambs' Lot, will be held. Contemporary worship with a band and vocalists will take place at 7 p.m., followed by festival Communion candlelight services at 9 and 11 p.m. On Sunday, festival Communion services will be held at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. 154 S. Shaffer Street. (714) 288-4400.
* Garden Grove United Methodist Church will present a Family Service of Lessons, Candles and Carols at 7 p.m. today, followed by a similar service including Holy Communion at 10:30 p.m. Christmas Day services begin at 9:30 a.m. 12741 Main St., Garden Grove. (714) 534-1070.
* The National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. has presented a 1994 Ecumenical and Interreligious Recognition Award to the "Keep It Good in the Hood--Stop the Violence Now!" program of the Southern Area Clergy Council.
* Two of three 1994 Covenant Awards for excellence in Jewish education were presented to Southland residents. Rabbi Richard N. Levy and Linda Rabinowitch Thal are the recipients of the national awards.
Levy, who has been Los Angeles Regional Hillel director since 1975, is also the author and editor of contemporary liturgy and a lecturer on prayer and spirituality. Thal, principal of the religious school of Leo Baeck Temple in Los Angeles, has developed programs to revitalize holiday observance and improve Hebrew literacy. The Covenant Foundation is based in New York.
* Trinity Lutheran Church in Long Beach has installed the Rev. Michael C. Meyer as its associate pastor. A Covina native, Meyer is a registered nurse as well as a graduate of Trinity Lutheran Seminary in Columbus, Ohio.
* Philanthropist Elaine Berke and novelist Faye Kellerman were honored by the University of Judaism's Wagner Human Services Program at its 1994 luncheon.