* Ian L. White-Thomson, president and chief executive of U.S. Borax Inc., has been appointed chief executive of RTZ Borax & Minerals, the world's leading producer of borax and borate products, effective April 1. White-Thomson, 58, succeeds Gordon H. Sage, who will join the RTZ Corp. board and be chairman of RTZ Borax & Minerals.
White-Thomson joined Borax in 1960 in London. He has held a variety of executive sales and marketing positions.
U.S. Borax, headquartered in Valencia, operates a mine and refinery in Boron and a shipping terminal in the Port of Los Angeles.
* Safeskin Corp., a San Diego manufacturer of hypoallergenic latex gloves, has named Judy Grimes senior vice president of sales, North America. Before coming to Safeskin, she was a regional manager for Regent Hospital Products.
Separately, Craig Cook has been named vice president of sales, scientific division. Cook will be responsible for overseeing sales efforts in the hypoclean and industrial markets in the United States and Mexico.
Previously, Cook was western regional vice president of the Medical division.
* Andrew J. C. Cherng, chairman of Panda Management Co. in South Pasadena, announced that he will be turning over duties of chief executive officer to Joseph P. Micatrotto, president and formerly chief operating officer of PMC. Micatrotto was president and chief executive of Chi-Chi's Mexican restaurant before he joined PMC as president and chief operating officer in January, 1994.
At the same time, the company, parent of Panda Inn and Panda Express restaurants, named Russell Bendel as chief operating officer and Raymond Chan as senior vice president of operations.
* Deckers Outdoor Corp., a Carpinteria-based manufacturer of footwear and apparel, has appointed John R. Ranelli chief operating officer, a new position. Ranelli most recently was executive vice president at TLC Beatrice. He has been on the board since August, 1994.
* Santa Fe Pacific Pipelines Inc. announced a realignment of executive staff responsibilities, effective immediately. Robert L. Edwards, senior vice president, treasurer and chief financial officer, has been assigned to the position of senior vice president business development and planning.
Barry R. Pearl, senior vice president business development and planning, will be senior vice president, treasurer and chief financial officer.
Santa Fe Pacific Pipeline Partners L. P., in Los Angeles, is the largest independent refined petroleum products pipeline in the United States in terms of revenue.