* William Hegarty has been appointed chief operating officer of Elexsys International Inc. in Irvine, a manufacturer of circuit boards and back panels formerly known as Diceon Electronics Inc. Hegarty was previously vice president of sales and marketing at Sanmina Corp. Before that, he was with Kollmorgen Corp. for eight years.
* Frederic Castan has joined the Westin South Coast Plaza hotel in Costa Mesa as executive chef. He was previously executive sous chef at the Ritz-Carlton hotels in Dana Point and Marina del Rey, and executive chef at the Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel in Pasadena.
* William B. Lawless has joined the law firm of Capretz & Radcliffe in Newport Beach. He will be involved in commercial litigation, public law, corporate governance and arbitration and mediation. Lawless' experience includes 10 years as a judge of the New York Supreme Court and in New York's 8th District. He has also been president of Western State University College of Law in Fullerton and dean of the law school at Notre Dame University.
* James Renzas has been selected to manage the Newport Beach office of Wadley-Donovan Group Ltd., a management consulting firm. He was previously executive vice president of Paragon Decision Resources.
* Chick Marshall has been appointed chief executive and general manager of the Ritz and Yankee Tavern restaurants owned by Hans Prager. Marshall was previously general manager of the Manhattan Country Club in Manhattan Beach. He has also been vice president and general manager of Lawry's Food Co.'s restaurant division and general manager of Lawry's California Center.
* Robert David has been appointed director of marketing, database storage solutions for MTI Technology Corp. in Anaheim. Prior to joining MTI, David was vice president of marketing and director of strategic alliances at DES Inc. He also spent more than 14 years in senior sales and marketing positions with a number of companies, including Systems Industries, Cumulus Technology, Sherwood Kintron and IDG Communications.
* David B. Kennard has joined Bankers Mutual, a Newport Beach mortgage banking company, as senior loan officer. He was formerly with Southern California Savings in the major loan division.
* Linda Leigh Jenkins has been named manager of Orange County operations for Buyers Home Warranty Co. Jenkins, who joined the Burbank company in 1991, had previously been a sales representative.
* Elliot Gordon has been appointed managing vice president of the Orange County office of Korn/Ferry International, an executive search firm. Gordon, who joined the company in 1981, was most recently vice president, revenue center manager in the Los Angeles office.