When doling out business cards, etiquette experts offer this advice:
* In social situations, use a calling card (a simple black-on-white card with name, number and address).
* Don't force your card on people.
* Don't ask for someone's card in a social situation, but if they offer, study it, and put it somewhere proper, such as a breast pocket (not a back pocket).
* Don't write on a card someone has given you. (It's OK to add information to a card you're handing to them.)
* Avoid getting funky shapes, colors and sizes when you order your cards. Oversized cards impose upon those who receive them.