LAGUNA BEACH — The Laguna Playhouse has named four of the five productions for its 1995-96 mainstage season at the Moulton Theater.
* Sept.12-Oct. 22: "The Secret Garden," a musical by Marsha Norman and Lucy Simon.
* Nov. 16-Dec. 10: "Under the Gaslight," an 1867 melodrama by Augustin Daly.
* Jan. 2-28: A new play to be announced.
* March 12-April 7: "Othello," by William Shakespeare.
* May 7, 1996-June 2, 1996: "Rumors," a comedy by Neil Simon.
Executive director Richard Stein said the playhouse has signed an agreement with Actors Equity formalizing its practice of hiring some union actors and adding a union stage manager for each production.
The top single-ticket price for a mainstage play will be $30, up from $28, Stein said. The lowest ticket price will remain at $13. Season subscription prices, from $65 to $125, will rise an average of 5%.
The final two weeks of the run of "The Secret Garden" will double as the opener for the Laguna Playhouse Youth Theater (Oct. 13-22), followed by "Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There" (Feb. 16-24), "Bambi: A Life in the Woods" (April 12-21) and "The Emperor's New Clothes" (June 7-16, 1996). (714) 494-8021.