Irvine-based Trieloff Tours, which specializes in trips for seniors, is offering a series of spring and summer tours to several popular destinations.
* A seven-day trip to Branson, Mo., departs May 19. (The same tour will also be available on several dates in September and October.) The itinerary begins in St. Louis with a sightseeing tour of the city. Participants then drive to the northwestern corner of Arkansas to attend the Pine Mountain Jamboree. In Branson, guests attend shows and go sightseeing. The price is $1,249 per person, which includes round-trip air fare from Southern California, hotels, escort, baggage handling, travel bag, group photo and 11 meals.
* "The Best of the West" is an 11-day program that begins June 1 and visits seven Western states. A partial list of cities and sites includes: Salt Lake City; Jackson and Cheyenne, Wyo.; Grand Tetons and Yellowstone; the Black Hills of South Dakota and Mt. Rushmore; Denver and Vail, Colo., and Stateline, Nev. All hotels are first class and the tour includes six breakfasts and a farewell dinner. Cost: $1,099 per person, double occupancy including motor-coach transportation from Southern California.
* The Canadian Rockies plus the Calgary Stampede is an eight-day trip departing July 14. Tour members will headquarter at the Sandman Hotel in Calgary, Canada, from which they will take day tours to visit the Rockies, Lake Louise, the Columbia Ice Field, Banff, museums, a mountain gondola ride and the Calgary Stampede, including reserved seats to view the chuck-wagon races and the rodeo. Three lunches are included. Cost: $1,199, including air fare from Los Angeles.
* A four-day scenic tour of the High Sierra departs from L.A. via motor coach July 26 and covers much of Central California and the Sierra, including Mammoth Lakes, Inyo National Forest, Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Forest, Mt. Whitney and Mono Lake. The price is $379 per person, double occupancy including lodging, one breakfast and three dinners.
* The increasingly popular Great Gilroy Garlic Festival tour departs Southern California July 27 and includes stops along California 1, including Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and Monterey with a visit to the Monterey Aquarium and Fisherman's Wharf. The return trip includes a visit to the Danish-style community of Solvang. Cost: $399, including motor coach, hotels, sightseeing fees, three breakfasts and one dinner.
For more details on the tours, call Trieloff Tours, telephone (800) 432-7125.
Gadabout Tours is offering free copies of its 30th anniversary tour directory on destinations all over the world. Tour and cruise offerings are divided by general destination areas and departure dates, including the following:
* The Deep South with tour names such as Georgia Peach, Carolina Jubilee, Civil War Steamboatin', Fabulous Florida Cruisetour and Cajun Christmas.
* Gadabout in Latin America and Mexico, Copper Canyon by rail and motor coach, Cancun and Mayan Treasures, Christmas and New Year's Mexico Cruise.
* Easter in New York, Blossom Time in Washington, Fall Foliage in New England and Eastern Canada and Thanksgiving in New York.
The directory describes itineraries and length of tours, and includes per-person prices, what meals are included and other components. For a copy, call (800) 952-5068.