The American Legion District 18 will host Memorial Day services Monday throughout the San Gabriel Valley:
* Pomona Memorial Park will hold a traditional service at 9 a.m. at the park, 502 Franklin Ave. The program will include participants from service and veteran's organizations and the American Legion Post 30 Honor Guard. An open house will be held at Charles P. Rowe Post 30, 239 E. Holt Ave., after the program.
* Irwindale Veterans of Foreign Wars Post will host a 10 a.m. service at Oakdale Memorial Park, 1401 S. Grand Ave., Glendora.
* West Covina American Legion Post 790 will host a noon service followed by refreshments at 330 N. Azusa Ave.
* Rep. David Dreier (R-San Dimas) will address a special service for prisoners of war and service people missing in action at 11 a.m. at Rose Hills Memorial Park, the Gardens, Gate 1, 3900 S. Workman Mill Road, Whittier.
* Keith Powell American Legion Post 78 will hold an 11 a.m. service at Oak Park Cemetery, 410 S. Sycamore Ave., Claremont.
* The Pasadena Area Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion Post will host an 11 a.m. service featuring the American Legion District 18 Honor Guard at Mountain View Memorial Park, 2400 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Altadena. The program will be followed by refreshments at Kenneth Bell Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1053, 1615 W. Washington Blvd., Pasadena
* The Upper San Gabriel Valley Allied Veterans Council will host a 10 a.m. service at Live Oak Memorial Park, 200 E. Duarte Road, Monrovia. The program will include participants from veterans and service organizations, and speeches by Dreier and the mayors of Arcadia, Monrovia and Duarte.
* Monterey Park City Hall will hold an 11 a.m. service at the Veterans Memorial, 320 W. Newmark Ave. Refreshments will be served after the program at Monterey Park Post 397, 338 S. Ramona Ave.
For more information on any of the events, call (818) 287-0139.