* Timothy L. Unger has joined the Akins Cos. in Irvine as executive vice president of community development. He will be in charge of land acquisition, planning, entitlement, development and marketing for the company's community development operations. Unger was formerly founder and chief executive of his own home-building company, Rockfield Development Corp. Before that, he was president and chief executive of John Laing Homes Inc. and managed the company's operations in Orange County and the Inland Empire.
* Peter Spencer has joined the World POG Federation in Irvine as vice president of marketing. He was previously vice president at Petco Animal Supplies Inc. He has also held the position of vice president and general manager of Applause and director of merchandise planning and allocations for Toys "R" Us.
* Jim Kisel has been named K-12 coordinator/designer for the Irvine office of LPA Inc., an architectural, planning, interior design and landscaping firm. He is working on the planning and design of the Santa Ana Unified School District's new "space-saver" school.
* Ted McMillin has been appointed account executive for M/A/R/C Research in Newport Beach, a division of the M/A/R/C Group in Dallas. He will be responsible for project management and client service. McMillin joined the market research company in 1993 as a research analyst.
* Cathy Medeiros is the new vice president of human resources for the Seal Group of Parker Hannifin Corp., in Irvine. She was previously human resources manager for Parker Filtration Group's Racor division in Modesto, which she joined in 1987. For the past two years, Medeiros has also undertaken human resources responsibilities for the company's O-Seal division in Culver City.
* Tambra L. Raush has joined the Newport Beach law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery as an associate. She will focus on labor law and employment litigation. Raush was formerly with the law firm of Clayson, Mann, Arend & Yaeger in Corona.
* Dolores D. Lara has been named 1995-96 national vice president of marketing for the American Society of Women Accountants. She is president of Hemingway Personnel Inc. in Newport Beach, an executive search and temporary services firm specializing in finance and accounting.