Despite some of their specializations, Toastmasters clubs in Ventura County are not exclusionary. All clubs welcome members of all levels and interests.
One club even changed its name in June to sound less daunting: Prospeakers in Ventura became Ocean View Toastmasters. And people at the Minerals Service of the U.S. Department of the Interior in Camarillo are downright eager to expand their ranks to include non-government personnel.
Toastmasters officials say the best way to choose a club is to attend a meeting at a few clubs whose schedules and venues are convenient--and then choose the one that feels most comfortable.
* Camarillo Evening Toastmasters, Wells Fargo Bank, 425 Arneill Road, 491-3334. Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m.
* Data Storage Toastmasters, 3M, 350 S. Lewis Road, 388-4850. Wednesdays at 11:30 p.m.
* Toast of the Coast, Minerals Management Service, 770 Paseo, 389-7611. Thursdays at 11:30 a.m.
* Gold Diggers Toastmasters, IDS Financial Services, 300 Esplanade Drive, #1450, 485-8672. Second and fourth Tuesdays at noon.
* Los Amigos Toastmasters, First American Title, 2520 Financial Square #20, 643-7157. Thursdays at 6:30 p.m.
* Gold Coast Daybreakers, Carrows Restaurant, 1601 N. Oxnard Blvd., 647-0354. Thursdays at 6:30 a.m.
* Earlybird Toastmasters, Coco's Restaurant, 150. W. Vineyard Ave., 486-6799. Wednesdays at 6:30 a.m.
* Poing Mugu Toastmasters, Naval Air Warfare Center, Point Mugu, 529-9279. Thursdays at noon.
* Pacific Missile Toastmasters, Naval Air Warfare Geophysics Building, 13th Street, 989-5486. Thursdays at 11:45 a.m.
* Channel Islands Toastmasters, 31st Naval Construction Regiment, 1000 23rd Ave., 485-7697. First and third Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m.
* Fair Winds Toastmasters, Port Hueneme Medical Clinic, 162 First St., 982-6381. Thursdays at 11:45 a.m.
* Simi Valley Toastmasters, Shepherd of the Valley Church, 370 W. Royal Ave., 527-4703. Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.
* Farmers Insurance Toastmasters, Farmers Insurance, 3041 Cochran St., 583-7592. First and third Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m.
* Simi Solo's Toastmasters, YMCA/Abraham Lincoln School, 1220 4th St., 583-8120. Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m.
* Simispeak Toastmasters, YMCA/Abraham Lincoln School, 1220 4th St., 522-0468. Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
* Conejo Valley Toastmasters, Los Robles Bank, 33 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd., 499-5214. Mondays at 7:30 p.m.
* Amgen Icebreakers Toastmasters, Amgen Building #19, 1840 De Havilland Drive. Wednesdays at 7 a.m.
* Rhetorical Link Toastmasters, Old Goebel Center, Conejo School Road, 492-0167. Thursdays at 7:15 p.m.
* Daybreakers Toastmasters, Jafra, 2451 Townsgate Road, 492-8177. Wednesdays at 6:30 a.m.
* Ventura Toastmasters, Hong Kong Inn, 435 E. Thompson Blvd., 654-7852. Mondays at 6 p.m.
* Singularly Speaking Toastmasters, American Commerce Bank, 6401 E. Telephone Road, 644-8688. Second, third, fourth and fifth Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
* Buenaventura Toastmasters, GAP Distribution Center, 5198 Colt St., 643-5353. Fridays at 7 a.m.
* Ocean View Toastmasters, Ventura Townhouse, 4900 Telegraph Road, 486-4435. Second and fourth Thursdays at 7 p.m.
* Sandpiper Toastmasters, Poinsettia Pavilion, 3451 Foothill Road, 650-4508. Wednesdays at 6:30 a.m.
* Ventura Sunrise Toastmasters, Bakers Square Restaurant, 981 S. Victoria Ave., 644-9779. Tuesdays at 6:30 a.m.
* Articulators Toastmasters, Chicago Title, 5675 Ralston St., 649-1517. Thursdays at noon.
* Humor & Drama Toastmasters, Stonegate Clubhouse, 1025 Cachuma Ave., 659-5580.
* Toastmasters X-L, venue changes monthly, 498-5391. Third Tuesday at 7 p.m.
* Kinko's Communicators Toastmasters, Kinko's corporate headquarters, 255 W. Stanley Ave., 652-4388. Tuesdays at 12:05 p.m.
* County Communicators Toastmasters, Ventura County Government Center, 800 S. Victoria Ave., Room 231, 654-2486. Tuesdays at 12:05 p.m.
* Mid-Day Forum Toastmasters, State Farm Insurance, 31303 Agoura Road, 818-707-5414. Thursdays at 11:45 a.m.
* The Good Neighbors Toastmasters, State Farm Insurance, 31303 Agoura Road, 818-707-5547. Fridays at 6:30 a.m.