In a move that has been widely expected, the Century City law firm of Christensen, White, Miller, Fink & Jacobs on Thursday announced that Robert Shapiro is joining the firm as a partner and that his name will be added to the firm's title. The firm said that Shapiro plans to expand his business and entertainment practice.
The lawyer, who became a household name as a member of O.J. Simpson's defense team, has had close ties to the Christensen, White firm and kept offices there. The firm is known for representing such major business clients as financier Kirk Kerkorian and for its involvement in such high-profile celebrity cases as the lawsuit by Main Line Productions against Kim Basinger after the actress changed her mind about starring in the film "Boxing Helena."
Separately, lawyer Patricia Glaser, who represented Main Line in the Basinger case, will have her name addedto the firm's. She will be one of the few female lawyers in Hollywood to enjoy that status.
* Alex Schwartz has been promoted to senior vice president of production for Touchstone Pictures.
* The Paramount Television Group has named Bobbee Gabelmann president of programming for its domestic television division.
* Jamie Samson has been promoted to senior vice president, legal and business affairs, for Twentieth Century Fox Licensing and Merchandising.
* Anna Perez has been appointed vice president of California government relations for Walt Disney Co., and Gary Marcotte has been promoted to vice president, international accounting and finance. Thomas Schumacher has been promoted to executive vice president for Walt Disney Feature Animation.
* Amanda Seward has joined Warner Bros. Feature Animation as vice president, business and legal affairs.
* Joe Muller has been promoted to vice president, network distribution, Fox Broadcasting Co.
* Jeff Kleeman has been promoted to senior vice president of production for United Artists Pictures.
* Gregory S. Rutkowski was named executive vice president, corporate development, at Century Theatres.
* Arista Records has named Karen Hefler senior director, business and legal affairs, and Vanessa Barryer national director, field promotion, black music.
* Gregory Economos has been named vice president, business and legal affairs, licensing and merchandising, for Saban Entertainment.