Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Lamp Sparks Fire, Causing $40,000 Damage to Home

October 18, 1995

CORONA DEL MAR — A smoldering fire sparked by a lamp caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to a Hazel Drive home but no injuries, firefighters said Tuesday.

Jeanette Hanna, owner of the home in the 500 block of Hazel Drive, was reading upstairs when she smelled something burning about 8 p.m. Monday, Newport Beach Fire Chief Dennis Lockart said. The woman went downstairs and found her drapes on fire. She and her son attempted to put out the fire but were unsuccessful, Lockart said.

The fire broke through a window and sent flames shooting into the air, Lockart said. It took 12 firefighters about 10 minutes to put it out, he said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|