Care^me has been credited with these innovations in French cuisine:
* Croquembouche, a pyramidal display of cream puffs stuck together with caramel.
* Vol-au-vent, a shell of puff pastry filled with meat (especially chicken) mixed with sauce; usually small and served as an appetizer.
* Piped meringue ornaments.
* Large standing meringue desserts.
* Various dishes named for such patrons as Talleyrand and the Russian-Georgian Princess Bagration.
* Perfecting puff pastry and souffles.
* Perfecting the basic sauces of French cuisine (the original 1935 edition of Larousse Gastronomique quoted a number of Care^me's sauce recipes verbatim, though usually with a notation that this was the old recipe).