Kenneth Vancini has been named to the newly created position of senior vice president of sales at Rockford Industries Inc., a Santa Ana provider of financial services primarily to the health-care industry. Before joining the company, he was vice president of national sales at AT&T Capital's leasing services division, a unit of AT&T Corp. Vancini will oversee Rockford's contract financing business in both the medical and general business equipment areas.
* Varouj Mandikian has been appointed Orange County SBA business development officer for Goleta National Bank. Previously, he worked in commercial real estate and owned his own mortgage company.
* Kip Konwiser has been named to the newly created position of vice president of interactive entertainment for Graphix Zone Inc. in Irvine. He has been with the company six months as business development director. Norm Block has joined the company as chief operating officer. He will oversee sales, operations and finance as well as head business and financial development and long-term growth strategies. Block was formerly managing director of Platinum Technology Inc.'s Locus Laboratory.
* Erin McKenzie has joined Townsend & O'Leary Inc., a Laguna Hills advertising agency, as a project coordinator for the company's interactive department. She joined the agency from the Geos Corp. in Tokyo, where she was the chief English instructor for Japanese executives.
* Yvonne Wiley has joined Kaye Kotts Associates, a Sherman Oaks-based firm that represents delinquent taxpayers who owe money to the Internal Revenue Service. Wiley was a 30-year IRS division chief who was responsible for all collections in the Laguna Niguel District.
* Benjamin J. Trosky has been appointed managing director of Pacific Investment Management Co. in Newport Beach, one of six investment management firms which make up Pimco Advisors LP. Trosky heads the firm's credit research department and manages the $550 million Pimco High-Yield Fund, an institutional fund. He previously worked at Merrill Lynch Asset Management for 10 years as co-manager of high yield mutual funds. In addition, R. Wesley Burns and Lee R. Thomas III were named executive vice presidents. Douglas M. Hodge, Edward P. Rennie, Ernest L. Schmider and Leland T. Scholey were appointed senior vice presidents.