Brontosauruses and Tyrannosaurs. . . . Oh, my!
This summer's family vacation could find you traipsing all over the countryside looking for dinosaurs after viewing the "Family Travel Guides" series.
The videocassette, "Dinosaur Digs, a Fossil Finders Tour," explores museums all over the country including the Field House Fossil Museum in Vernal, Utah, and fossil sites such as the Dinosaur State Park in Rocky Hill, Conn., where kids can make a cast of dino-prints.
"America's Dinosaur Parks" tracks elaborate theme parks and modest roadside attractions from coast to coast as well as Canada's Prehistoric Theme Park at the Calgary Zoo.
The 30-minute tapes, produced by Cleval Video in Marina del Rey, cost $14.95 each. Call (800) 383-8811 to order.
* It's "Family Day" at the Museum of Contemporary Art. There will be an art workshop and refreshments as well as the current exhibitions. The day is a celebration of MOCA's Contemporary Art Start program for kids and teachers. 1-4 p.m. MOCA at the Temporary Contemporary, 152 N. Central Ave., Los Angeles; (213) 621-1751.
* Roscomare Road Elementary School holds its annual Spring Fair from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free. 2425 Roscomare Road, Bel-Air; (310) 472-9829 .
* The Beverly Hills Farmers' Market hosts a Father's Day Children's Craft Corner. 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Nominal fee. 200 block of N. Canon Drive, Beverly Hills; (310) 285-1048 .
* Weekly classes on car seat safety for parents of infants and toddlers are conducted on Mondays at the Perinatal Clinic of Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center. Free. 1420 S. Central Ave., Glendale. Call (818) 502-4567 for class times and reservations.
* Children 6 and older are invited to make a bow tie card for Dad for Father's Day. Free. 3:30-4:30 p.m. Glendale Public Library, 222 E. Harvard St., Glendale; (818) 548-2035 .
* Parents and nannies are invited to the "Orange County Nanny Fair," which will be held at the Irvine Medical Center's theater. The Southern California Nanny Center will provide information and resources. Free. 1-3 p.m. 16300 Sand Canyon Ave., Irvine. Reservations recommended: (714) 859-9134.
* "Favorite Toys" will be presented by the Reader's Theatre Project. Performances at noon and 2 p.m. Los Angeles Children's Museum, 310 N. Main St. $5 per person; (213) 687-8801 .
* This family roundup appears on Sundays. Items to be considered should be mailed 3 1/2 weeks before the event to Candace A. Wedlan, The Family File, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Fax: (213) 237-4712.