* Vaughn G. Hysinger has been named vice president of marketing for the computer systems division of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. in Irvine. He will oversee all the division's marketing operations in the United States and Latin America. Hysinger was formerly managing director of the company's personal computer division and vice president of marketing operations for Unisys Corp.
* Philip W. Loberg has been named a vice president of CalComp Inc., an Anaheim provider of computer graphics peripherals. He has been the company's controller since 1995. Loberg joined CalComp in 1988 as tax director.
* Linda Crans has been appointed vice president-director, program management and support services for Beckman Instruments Inc.'s Diagnostic Development Center in Fullerton. Crans, who joined Beckman in 1974, was most recently director of program management. Russ Bell has been named vice president-director, chemistry development and technology transfer. He joined Beckman as president and chief executive of Hybritech Inc., a former subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Co. acquired by Beckman in January.
* Patrick S. Jones has joined the board of directors of the Cerplex Group Inc., a Tustin provider of high-technology outsourcing services. He is vice president and corporate controller for Intel Corp.
* Karen L. Karavatos has been appointed managing partner of the construction litigation division of Horton Barbaro & Reilly, a Santa Ana law firm. She was formerly a senior supervising attorney with the law firm of Fiore, Walker, Racobs & Powers.
* William F.G. Carroll has been named to head the Irvine loan production office of Preferred Bank. He is senior vice president and regional manager.
* Bob Currier has joined Irvine-based SK&A Research Inc. as an account manager for the new Midwestern office in Livonia, Mich. He will be responsible for the states of Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Kentucky. Currier was previously a senior account executive with Dun & Bradstreet Information Resources. Also, Michelle Irwin has been appointed manager of customer list marketing for SK&A Research. She joined the company in 1989.
* Wayne R. Pinnell has been named an audit partner with Haskell & White, a Newport Beach accounting firm. He joined the firm in 1995 as a principal after more than 10 years with BDO Seidman, LLP.