Robert Levin has been named president of worldwide marketing for Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Cos., a unit of Sony Pictures. Levin replaces Sid Ganis, who is setting up a production company that will be based at Sony.
Levin had a 10-year career at Walt Disney Co. and most recently was president of marketing at Savoy Pictures.
* Danny Strick has been promoted to president of BMG Songs, the U.S. division of BMG Music Publishing.
* At Fox Broadcasting, Chris Fusco has been named supervisor of online production services.
* Jane Goldenring, senior vice president of Touchstone Pictures, has signed a first-look producing deal with Walt Disney Motion Picture Group.
* Karen Randolph has joined Paramount Pictures Motion Picture Group in the newly created position of senior vice president of market research.
* Warner Music Group has named Chris Tobey to the newly created position of vice president of marketing and new technologies.
* Kristine Schwarz has joined Phase 1 Productions as vice president of creative affairs.
* Jeffrey Orridge has joined Warner Bros. Consumer Products as director of its new Warner Bros. Sports Licensing division.
* Joe Hecht has been appointed vice president of rhythm-crossover promotion for Arista Records.
* Robert H. Oswaks has been named to the newly created position of executive vice president of worldwide marketing for Pearson Television International.
* Xavier Marchand has joined Warner Bros. as senior vice president of theatrical distribution.