If you've always wanted to bronze some baby shoes but hated to cover them up, here's the solution. Now you can preserve and still see every detail of baby's first shoes thanks to a process dubbed Clearbronz, which covers the keepsake in a clear, hard finish. The high-gloss coating allows all the color, scuff marks, creases and wrinkles to shine through. Some other keepsakes to consider would be those old sneakers, dainty ballet slippers, a wedding garter or favorite baseball glove.
Prices start at $39.95 for one unmounted shoe and range up to $89.95 for a pair of shoes mounted on Lucite bookends. Call Footnotes in Time at (800) 772-8626. The company, based in Plantation, Fla., will send out a description of all the styles and prices as well as an order form and mailing pouch.
* "Puppets on Parade and Workshop" will entertain kids from 10-11 a.m. (for a nominal fee) at the Beverly Hills Farmers Market's second anniversary Corn Festival and Chili Cook-Off. Also, from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. children may enjoy a cuddly petting zoo and face painting (free). Beverly Hills Farmers Market, 200 block of N. Canon Drive, Beverly Hills; (310) 285-1048.
* Bring your favorite blanket and teddy bear to a "Teddy Bear Picnic" for children 2 to 6. Teddy bear stories will be read and there will time to make a fuzzy wuzzy craft. 10-11 a.m. $10 per child. Mrs. Nelson's Toy & Book Shop, 1030 Bonita Ave., La Verne. Registration required: (909) 599-4558.
* Children 3-7 are invited to learn about the "Tree Mystery: How Are Trees and People Alike?" and to make a tree costume. 10 a.m. $5, members; $7, nonmembers. Fullerton Arboretum, 1900 Associate Road, Fullerton. For reservations, call (714) 449-4794.
* Make new friends and meet some old ones in favorite books during the Los Angeles Children's Museum's original theater production at noon and 2 p.m. $5 per person (children 2 and up). 310 N. Main St., Los Angeles; (213) 687-8801.
* The Lark Musical Society Rainbow Armenian Children's Choir will perform at 11 a.m. at "A Bouquet of Armenian Culture," presented by the Armenian Cultural Festival. At 1 p.m. there will be hands-on art workshops for children and families. Admission: $4.50; senior citizens, students, UCLA faculty and staff, alumni members, $3.50; UCLA students, $1; museum members and children 17 and under, free. Armand Hammer Museum, 10899 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles; (310) 443-7000.
* This family roundup appears on Sundays. Items to be considered should be mailed 3 1/2 weeks before the event to Candace A. Wedlan, The Family File, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Fax: (213) 237-4712.