A look at some candidates to replace Marcel Lachemann as Angel manager:
* JIM LEFEBVRE--Former manager of the Seattle Mariners and Chicago Cubs. Once demonstrated his fighting spirit by punching Tommy Lasorda in a TV studio. Now works for an athletic equipment company and conducts clinics around the world.
* DON LONG--In ninth year as manager in Angel minor league system. Named 1995 Pacific Coast League manager of the year while at triple-A Vancouver. Highly regarded by GM Bill Bavasi.
* DAVEY LOPES--On coaching staff of San Diego Padres. Managed in Arizona Fall League. Known for his intensity and aggressiveness as a player with the Dodgers.
* RENE LACHEMANN--He and Marcel Lachemann were the only brothers to manage in the majors at the same time in this century. Fired by the Florida Marlins at All-Star break.
* SPARKY ANDERSON--Only manager to win World Series in American and National leagues. Has 2,194 major league victories, third on the all-time list. An analyst on Angel telecasts.