Elizabeth A. Gorbett-Frost has been appointed vice president of finance and administration for Techniclone International Corp., a Tustin biotechnology company engaged in the research and development of drug delivery systems. She will oversee human resources and financial management. Gorbett-Frost joined the company from Deloitte & Touche LLP, where she was partner-in-charge of the Life Sciences Industry Group in the Costa Mesa office. Ashot Petrossian has been named director of production and process development. He was previously process development and production director for both Xoma Corporation and Sterling Winthrop Inc. Sonya L. Karsik has been chosen director of regulatory affairs and quality assurance. She consulted for Techniclone's regulatory affairs department for three years prior to her current appointment. Susan Bain was named director of quality control, and will handle the regulatory and material testing of Techniclone's products. She previously worked for Baxter Healthcare Corp., supervising quality control and quality assurance activities. In addition, Kenneth Berger has been appointed vice president of scientific and regulatory affairs, and Ronald A. Baker was named vice president of product development.
* Rose Staab has been appointed controller at Xerox Corp.'s South Coast Customer Business Unit headquarters in Santa Ana. Staab, who joined Xerox in 1969, was previously finance operations manager for the Western area.
* Barbara Christopher has joined the Schraff Group, a Costa Mesa marketing communications firm, as traffic manager. She was previously traffic supervisor for Foote, Cone & Belding in Santa Ana.
* James J. Peterson has joined Linfinity Microelectronics Inc. in Garden Grove, a subsidiary of SymmetriCom Inc., as vice president of sales. Peterson had previously been with Silicon Systems Inc., most recently as senior vice president of worldwide sales and corporate communications.
* Paul Marshall has been named vice president of real estate development for the new Irvine regional office of Phoenix-based Opus Southwest Corp. He will oversee all real estate development for the company in Southern California. Marshall was formerly vice president of development for the Koll Real Estate Group.
* Frank Gill has been appointed director of Ingram Micro Inc.'s returns operations in Santa Ana. Gill joined Ingram Micro in 1993 as manager of its returns operation.
* Chris Hildreth is the president of ESP Systems Professionals of Southern California Inc., a new company in Irvine. ESP specializes in the placement of full-time, temporary and contract information systems personnel.
* Jon Garon has been named associate dean of academic affairs at Western State University College of Law in Fullerton. He has been a full-time professor since 1993.
* Maria D. Shook has been appointed field underwriting manager for the new Irvine satellite office of Superior National Insurance Group. She will be responsible for all marketing functions and production results for the Orange County region.
* Aziz Amiri has been named general manager of the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Cypress. Prior to joining the hotel, he was an instructor of hospitality management at El Dorado College in West Covina.